All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic Help Needed   Chat and Other Topics   Dictionary and Contribute!  

Slovak-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Slovak and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
War letters from Plzen to Serbia Prison Camp 1  
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-02, 17:53  Spam?  
Dear Bohouš!
The last card which was on its way about two months finally came through to us and we have sent it to your mom. You write you had received one money delivery already but you don´t mention how much and by whome“ (i.e. which bank) „it was delivered.
Like we wrote you last time, you had several financial deliveries on their way, so hopefully you received some of them in the meantime. Just ask and let us know by whome (by which bank or whether through Switzerland) the money was delivered, we would send it to you in  the same way again. Just be patient and take care of yourself, they are all in good health at home and so are we. From Boskovice and Neckář. they´re sending you their best regards. Write back to us soon and more, especially how quickly you get the letters. Mom wants to send you some shoes and underwear, we are not sure, however, when you´ll get it.
With cordial greetings and kisses
the Berkas“ (i.e. Berka family)

One more note to the sentence: "Z Boskovic a Neckář. Tě pozdravují."  I´m not sure wether these two names refer to geagraphical places (villages, towns ?). "Boskovice" (plural name) is definitely a town in Bohemia, namely in South Moravia; "Neckář." (with full stop) seems to be an abbreviation of some full name, I couldn´t find anything on the map, however. Not even as a hint to any place called this name in the past.
Another possibility is that these two names are family names used in the sentence in an archaic manner and the meaning would be then, some of the members of the families Boska (or Bosko) and Neckář are sending their regards. The fact is that "Neckář" is a Czech family name, "Boska" or "Bosko"on the other hand came out zero after browsing.
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads