All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic Help Needed   Chat and Other Topics   Dictionary and Contribute!  

Slovak-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Slovak and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
Letter 2  
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-07, 17:58  Spam?  
"Plzeň 19./3. 1915
Dear Bohouš!
I have received your card from February 15 today and I am still waiting for the message whether you got the money. The parents had sent you 50 zl (crowns) by postal orders and I myself 20 zl (crowns) via bank. When you had telegraphed and asked for money, I telegraphed back to you that it was not good“ (? not quite clear) „to send money telegraphically. We would send you more but if we don´t know whether you get the money, it´s no use in doing it. Uncle Tib** (?) joined the army, too and is on maybe temporary“ (? not quite sure about having read it right) „leave, so perhaps I will be  conscripted into the army myself. Just be patient and take care of yourself, you are a reasonable young man after all, you are in good health, so you´ll endure bad times with the help of God, then you´ll visit us in Plzeň and we will be very happy to see you. Mother wrote to us that you wrote to her that you don´t get any letters from them, although they have been writing to you all the time. We are often thinking of you, all of us. So let us know, Bohouš, whether you received the money and when you will have it, also your mood will be brighter. At your home, they are all well.
God be with you. Regards. Uncle Frant.“
On the left margin:
„(Your) Aunt and N**** send their kisses“ (illegible name)
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads