All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 Two letters »
« Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac Serbia    

Slovak-English Translation of
Letters from Natalka

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Letters from Natalka to Bohouš  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-14, 10:24  Spam?  
These were written in 1919, so after the war. I think Naltalka is an aunt or sister.  She's in Chotebor East Bohemia.   I think Bohouš is back in Bohemia also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rrq9t9rj7oyygu/1919_01%20Natalka%20CZ%20...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok9i9qim57rq5f5/1919_01%20Natalka%20CZ%20...
Answer:
Letters from Natálka to Bohuš 1  #868897
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-17, 18:30  Spam?  
„Written on January 2, 1919
Dear Bohuš!
I am sending you my warm regards and kisses! How are you, dear Bohuš? I am thinking of you all the time and I am looking forward so much to seeing you again. It´s a long time now that I have seen you. I also sent you a portrait of mine, I hope you´ve received it already. Mařka is sending you many regards.
With regards and kisses to you from
Your Natálka“

It seems to me that the relations between the two is very fervent, so my guess would be Natalka is either a sister or a girl friend/fiancée.
Answer:
Letter 1  #868911
by JPleski, 2017-04-18, 01:42  Spam?  168.1.6...
It's a bit hard to say who she is at this stage. She might be a half sister from  Bohuš' father's first marriage.  She lives in a small village 13km away from Bohuš' parents.  All that I can ascertain is that Bohuš hadn't returned home after the war yet, but was obviously returning soon.
Chat:    
Other letters from Natalka  #868912
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-18, 02:05  Spam?  
Perhaps later we can look at these other letters. They seem quite short so I don't know if there will be much in them.

From 1917, addressed to "Field Post": https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcnil6c4ujipe1b/1917_05%20Natalka%20to%20...

From 1916, sent to Cilli Styria:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xwb3j9xn7rrwkst/1916_XX%20Natalka%20CZ%20...

From 1916 addressed to "Field Post":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tyi24z42d4q6bg/1916_12%20Natalka%20CZ%20...
Answer:
Letters from Natálka to Bohuš 2  #868951
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-18, 17:29  Spam?  
„Dear Bohuš! Thank you for your nice memories, I am sending you warm kisses! I still cannot forgert the lovely time when you were with us. Why did it only passed so quickly? You don´t know, Bohuš, how I hated coming back home from Ždírec, I would prefer to go away with you. So much, oh so much I long for being with you again. I will be looking forward to your coming back soon. You´re asking if someone hasn´t stolen me? Then you´d have no one to annoy you but I was really scared on my way through the forest. Let me hear from you soon! Máňa is sending her regards to you!
With kisses from your Natálka
On January 19“ (or maybe 11 if the digit was overwritten)
Answer:
Other letters from Natálka 1  #868953
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-18, 17:48  Spam?  
I´ll start from the third link, "Card 7 Side B, Natalka to Bohuš Pleskač"

„Dear Bohuš! Please accept my warm regards, and thank you for your memories. How are you, dear Bohuš? Here with us, there´s nothing new. We talk about you often and I hope that perhaps there comes the time when you´ll be visiting us again. I long for seeing you, Bohuš, I wish I could talk to you again. Write to me, my dear, soon and often, just do not forget.
On December 20, 1916“ (or at least it looks like: 20/XII 1916)
Answer:
Other letters from Natálka 2  #868954
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-18, 18:08  Spam?  
Card in the middle

„Beloved Bohuš!
Thank you for your card! I have written to you several times already. Write to me much – soon! You had written ´6th abt.´ back then, so I don´t know if my cards reached you.
I will send a card again soon.“
Date in the upper right corner – I can only read day 18 and year 1916.
"abt." = "Abteilung" in German, meaning department or division (or ward in case it shoud refer to hospital)
Chat:    
by jpleski, 2017-04-19, 06:30  Spam?  168.1.75...
I see.Obviously not a sister. I believe Natalka was his first wife.  They must have met before the war started.
Answer:
Other letters from Natálka 3  #869012
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-19, 10:48  Spam?  
„Dear Bohuš!
I am sending you my warm regards, and I thank you for your nice memories at the same time. You´re writing about bad weather, here with us it is the same. I think we won´t be able to ski this winter – it rains all the time. Will you be able to pay a visit home? We haven´t seen you for such a long time. Please write soon and a lot!
With memories from
Natálka“
The date in the upper right corner – I am not sure of the month, it may read 5 or 9
Chat:    
by JamesPleski (UN), 2017-04-19, 12:05  Spam?  
Thank you for the translations.  I'm curious about this Natalka.  My father used to write to her, so although his father married twice, perhaps Natalka was his biological mother.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads