All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 Letters from Natalka to Bohouš »
« More from Bohuš    

Slovak-English Translation of
Letters from Bohuš

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac Serbia  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-19, 11:57  Spam?  
Letters from Bohus:

Dec 1914 to parents from Knjaževac Serbia:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7osyotbbngjjlss/1914_12%20%20Bohus%20to%2...

May 1915 to parents from Knjaževac Serbia:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzn581q6k7zylpm/1915_05%20Bohus%20to%20Ko...

Jun 1915 to uncle Berka from Knjaževac Serbia:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahamhmiv200zplx/1915_06%20Bohus%20to%20Be...
Answer:
Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac, Serbia 1  #869181
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-21, 15:40  Spam?  
„December 12, 1914
Dearest parents!
Christmas holidays are coming soon and a New Year will begin but it will bring nothing new in our pitiful situation nor will it set us free; although we will celebrate, the feast will be sad, what relief will it bring? Nevertheless I wish you Merry Christmas as well as a Happy New Year.
With cordial regards and kisses from
Your Bohuš“
Answer:
Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac, Serbia 2  #869184
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-21, 15:54  Spam?  
„Knjaževac May 11, 1915
Dear parents!
Let me send you my warm greetings and nice memory. I haven´t received any news from you for a long time, I wrote and telegraphed to you for money and I got nothing at all. Uncle from Plzeň wrote to me on Januray 15, 1915 that he would send me 20 /?/ Crowns and I got nothing, either. Let him know about it. I am alright and I am longing  for peace.
With regards and kisses from
Bohuš“
Answer:
Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac, Serbia 3  #869194
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-21, 16:29  Spam?  
„Knjaževac June 1, 1915
My dearest!
Please accept my greetings. The money you had sent me on April 28 reached me, the rest however not, demand it back. I was ill. ------------
I can´t wait for peace to come.
With regards and kisses to you from
Bohuš“

I´d like to add that Bohuš must have been desperate in these letters, many words are written abbreviated,  the handwriting is really sloppy and the utterance very brief.
Chat:    
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-21, 17:08  Spam?  
Thank you again.   Yes, it's sad to read and he is desperate.  He was admitted to the sanitorium just before the first letter.   Unfortunately he doesn't say much about what happened. But then it seems the censors were pretty strict about what could be said. I can't help being annoyed that he's not providing enough information in the letters about the best way to send the money.  No wonder everyone back home was so distraught.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads