All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 Letters from Bohuš in Knjaževac Serbia »
« Parents to Bohuš    

Slovak-English Translation of
More from Bohuš

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
More from Bohuš  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-21, 17:07  Spam?  
Letter 4, from Serbia to parents, June 1915:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa9jdptvlpueazs/1915_06%20Bohus%20to%20Ko...

Letter 5, Fieldpost KuK regiment to parents, July 1916:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42u42dkqg8r127x/1916_07%20Bohus%20to%20Ko...

Letter 6, Fieldpost KuK regiment to parents, July 1916:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipv770u6o6m926c/1916_07%20Bohus%20to%20Ko...
Answer:
More from Bohuš, letter 4  #869285
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-23, 17:23  Spam?  
„Knjaževac June 26, 1915
Dearest parents!
Accept my hearty greetings and loving memory. I got your telegram, i.e. from the uncle. You´re writing about money but I haven´t got it, just one delivery of 30 Crowns, not more, you must press for it; I am alright now but in a very bad temper because it´s terrible how long it lasts, I wish it would be over. Since the fate of a war prisoner is a horrible ordeal. You don´t have to worry about my health now because I have endured the worst already.
With warm regards and kisses from
Bohuš“
Answer:
More from Bohuš, letter 5   #869287
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-23, 17:23  Spam?  
„July 26
Dear parents!
Accept my hearty greetings and loving memory. I am still alright. I have received just a few answers from you, three cards during all that time, and I had sent you at least 25 of them.
With regards and kisses from
Bohuš“
Answer:
More from Bohuš, letter 6  #869290
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-23, 18:03  Spam?  
„Greeting from our trench on July 20, 1916
Dear parents!
Today I´ve received two pleasing cards from you dated July 15; after a long time, I´ve been becoming foul-tempered already since I´ve received nothing for so long, almost 5 weeks. As to the cigarettes, it would be a waste“ (of money?) „just give a packet of tabacco into the letter i.e. into the envelope and one or two packets of rolling paper; do not forget the paper; when you will be sending me a letter, always put the“ (cigarette) „paper into it. We are terribly short of smoking stuff here.
With regards and kisses from
Bohuš“
Chat:    
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-24, 03:46  Spam?  
Thank you for these translations. The "from the trenches" one is the most revealing, poor men.   With the translation, "foul-tempered",  does it generally imply anger or depression?   I wondered if he meant that he was becoming despondent and frustrated.  Still,  I can appreciate that running out of tobacco can make a person "foul tempered", not to mention sitting in a muddy trench for months on end.
Answer:
foul-tempered  #869334
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-24, 14:18  Spam?  
Generally it should mean that he´d been  in a bad mood, disgruntled.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads