All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 More from Bohuš »
« Parents to Bohuš 2    

Slovak-English Translation of
Parents to Bohuš

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Parents to Bohuš  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-24, 04:24  Spam?  
Although there are more letters from Bohuš, it would be nice to switch to the parents for a bit, to see what they are replying.

Letter 1:  Mar 1915 from Chotebor to Zajecar (hospital) Serbia
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kxor7y6bdcrms7/5b%20Konrad%20CZ%20to%20B...

Letter 2: Apr 1915 from Chotebor to Knjazevac Serbia prison:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthjhqxhspm1f6o/2b%20Konrad%20to%20Bohus....

Letter 3: May 1915 from Chotebor to Zajecar, redirected to Knjazevac:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z8kix802rsgpm7/6b%20Unknown%20CZ%20to%20...

Letter 4: July 1915 from Chotebor to Knjazevac Serbia prison (might be too difficult to read):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/39jvg6y4kkevbna/4b%20Konrad%20in%20CZ%20t...
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 1  #869419
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-25, 17:19  Spam?  
„March 31, 1915
Dearest Bohuš!
We´re worried very much because we haven´t got anything from you, we haven´t got any card since January 31, that was the last one. We know there are many diseases at the place where you are, so we are worried about your health. We wish we knew at least whether you got the money, we had sent you 25 zl“ (= zlatých, meaning new currency crowns) „and the uncle 10 zl, and we can´t even find out whether you got them. Dear Bohuš, we are really looking forward to seeing you again when God makes it shorter. We had also sent you some cards so that you could write to us. Dear Bohuš, we are sending  you our kisses and regards. God bless you.
Your sincere parents. (Konrad ?)“
Chat:    
by JPleski, 2017-04-25, 17:33  Spam?  168.1.99....
Thank you very much
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 2  #869421
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-25, 18:07  Spam?  
„April 31, 1915
Dearest Bohuš!
We received your pleasing card that you had sent to Plzeň in two months. We are very glad you got at least something, you should have let us know via which bank you got it“ (= money) „so that we could transfer it in the same way because we tried various ways including telegraphical one, and now we don´t know how it was delivered to you. Let us know if and how much you received. Let us know wether some of our letters have reached you because we write to you very often. God bless you, just be patient and  withstand everything. Maybe one day we´ll be together after all. Your sincere parents sending you warm kisses.“
Chat:    
by JPleski, 2017-04-26, 02:45  Spam?  168.1.75...
Thank you!   It will be interesting to see if the signature on letter 3 can be understood.   It's definitely sent from the parent's address as it's stamped (they were shopkeepers).   I don't know the mother's name, so if the first lettter was written by Konrad, perhaps it will reveal her name.  It seems like elaborate cursive script.
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 3  #869484
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2017-04-26, 15:08  Spam?  
„May 5, 1915
Dear Bohuš!
We received your pleasing card but you can´t imagine our despair that even with the best will in the world we are no able to help you; we sent you altogether 100 Crowns in three transfers and you can´t even think of it being to no avail if you don´t get them because I am an experienced person and I know all the the evil and being without money.
We are all in good health, we are just worried that maybe you are ill and that you can´t improve your situation.“ (in my opinion ´přilepšit si´ here meaning that Bohouš can´t get some extra money and thus financially improve his situation) „Would to God that it was over at last, hopefully God grant it that this time will come and then the joy of our reunion will be unutterable.
May God take care of you and keep you in good health.
Your sincere ***  ***“
It´s very difficult to read the name clearly, I spent several hours trying to detect it , and it looks like „Parnovič“ ???
And I really can´t tell who he was to Bohouš from the word before the name: from what I understood by now, it can´t be father („otec“) although the spelling with a little bit of imagination may resemble it, nevertheless I am confused by the mark above the first letter. Anyway, the writer is definitely a male person.

As to the 4th letter, it´s too blurred, I am sorry, I can´t read it.
Chat:    
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-26, 16:40  Spam?  
Well thank you so much for the translation. I'm sorry you had to spend so long trying to discern the signature. I've looked at it some time now, and the letters could be so many varieties. Based on your Parnovič idea, I wonder if it might be his surname, which is Pleskač. If that's possible the closing might still be "otec".  But then who would be writing the other letters, could it be the mother, I wonder.

I also considered that the family ran a shop business, and all the letters are just stamped with "Konrad Pleskac obchod koloniál Nova Ves", so I wondered if he's just sending letters to a brother named Konrad who runs the business.   But the letters never mention another person named Konrad.  And there's a military assurance form which would pay Konrad money in case of Bohus' death, that would usually go to the parents, not a brother.

Whatever it may be, it's much appreciated.   So far I have some names at least, even though I haven't got a clear family tree to affix photos to.   Everything takes time I suppose.

Re letter 4, I've sent the blurred scan to a relative in Prague asking for help, but I'm not sure I'll get a response.  It's a complex situation.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads