All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 Parents to Bohuš »
« Happy Father's Day    

Slovak-English Translation of
Parents to Bohuš

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Parents to Bohuš 2  
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-04-27, 17:37  Spam?  
These are the last letters from the parents: I'm not sure why there are none after 1915.  He might have taken the letters home after he was repatriated form Serbia, but lost the ones he received in the trenches and Italy:

Letter 5, April 2015, sent to Zajecar (hospital) redirected to Knjazevac (prison) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wger4nwvx46vsuu/9b%20Konrad%20CZ%20to%20B...

Letter 6, June 2015, sent to Knjazevac (prison) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyf55jl6l8aigd2/10b%20Konrad%20CZ%20to%20...

Letter 7, probably March 2015, sent to Zajecar (hospital) redirected to Knjazevac (prison) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kexn74ctzexdtec/7b%20Konrad%20CZ%20to%20B...
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 2 / Letter 5  #869636
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-29, 17:40  Spam?  
„March 28, 1915
Dearest Bohuš!
Frantík sent you money twice in a row now, once via Switzerland and then once telegraphically, 15 zl. (crowns) each time. Have you received them? We would like to help you, I wish you only received it!“ (=money) „Are you alright? We are alright and we think of you a lot! We got your card from March 26.
With hearty kisses and regards from all of us
Your sincere parents Pleskačs“
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 2 / Letter 6  #869638
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-29, 18:32  Spam?  
„June 2015
Dearest Bohuš!
Today we have been very pleased to receive your nice cards. My dear boy, what you asked for, we sent you many times; uncle from Plzeň is sending it to you via Switzerland and telegraphically, too, what are we supposed to do? God grant it will be over one day! We are alright, too and we think of you all the time! Uncle also got a card from you, he sent it to us. I am wrtiting to you all the time and you, poor boy, are not getting any cards. We all send you our warm regards and kisses
Your sincere parents“

Writing from the left edge to the upper right corner – I can only read it partially: „transport“ „I sent 480 (?)crowns totally“ „but of what use is it when you don´t receive it and enjoy it“
Chat:    
by jpleski, 2017-04-30, 02:36  Spam?  168.1.112...
Thank you.  Not much new info. But it's good to know what they say anyway.
Answer:
Parents to Bohuš 2 / Letter 7  #869682
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-30, 18:23  Spam?  
„Dear Bohouš.
We are waiting for some news from you impatiently. Are you alright? We know very well that there is some disease at your place, mainly typhus and that´s why we are so anxious  about you not writing to us. Frantik wrote to us that you had written to him that you had not received any money by then. We suppose however that you have it now; I wanted to send you a telegram and to pay for the answer as well but it was not accepted; I  send you a couple of cards, too so that you could write to us more often when it takes 2 months for the letter to ***“ (illegible, maybe to come?) „Last week there was a military enrollment here, Jenik D*** (?) has been also conscripted, he will join the army on the 15th of April.  J*** (?) will be considered for the draft on May 12, he will be certainly conscripted. The harvest will be bad, there are just few people in the fields. Be patient, Bohouš, everything can be endured after all, including this because I think it can´t take long and we will see each other again, may only God keep you in good health, just be careful so that you don´t catch any infection. I know everything is expensive so if you need money, let us know, I will send you some money again anyway because it would  take long for you to write back.“
Change of handwriting
„Dearest Bohuš, we are worried about you very much because we haven´t got any letter from you since January (?) 31, may only God give you good health. Pavlasu (?) has been also conscripted, he is not in Hora anymore. We send you warm kisses and regards. May God bless you with health.
Your sincere parents“
Chat:    
by JamesPleski (UN), 2017-04-30, 18:40  Spam?  
Thank you!   Lots of names mentioned, but I suppose they're just talking about various people in the village.  I suppose Hora is Kutna Hora, where the military base was.  It seems to come up a lot in letters. It's a pity but after all these letters, I never discovered the mother's name.   But thank you for the translations, they were really interesting to read.
Chat:    
End of the letters  #869823
by JamesPleski (UN), Last modified: 2017-05-03, 06:31  Spam?  
Thank you so much for all your work! It's really appreciated.  I was able to finish all the remaining letters.   I understand that:

1. Bohuš was repatriated from Serbia (somehow) in late 1915.
2. He went home and then was redeployed to the trenches between Austria and Italy.  
3. He was wounded again in 1917, and spent some time in a hospital in Italy, and then was transferred to an Italian prison camp.   The conditions in the Italian camp were much better than Serbia.  
4. In 1918 he joined the newly formed Czechoslovak Legion Italska.  There is a postcard from friends in Italy (in Italian).  They call him Goffredo.  
5. After the war he returned to the military base in Caslav/Kutna Hora, and finally completed military service in 1921.  He got married and took over his parents' grocer's shop in Nova Ves. He opened a dance hall there. He joined a local Legion organisation in 1926.  

And that was the end of the documents.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads