|   All Languages   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|New Website|About|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

Slovak-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Slovak and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
Photocard - Styria  
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-15, 16:02  like dislike  Spam?  
I´m sorry, yesterday I had little time to dig in deeper. You´re right, it´s definitely Styria and Cilli/Celje was a part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, namely of the region of Styria which was devided between Austria and Slovenia after the WW1 .
As far as Gustav is concerned, I only can tell that the handwriting in the two cards is totally different. I´m not a graphologist but even if we suppose that the handwriting of a man who is seriously ill can be changed, it can be changed to a certain extent only, not totally, unless maybe he used his other hand for writing. Or  we can also speculate that he was so weak to write a card that he asked somebody else to do it for him. The difference is clear in the details such as writing of individual letters or caron (haček) or the way how expressions "artileriski kasarna" or "ležim artilerisky kasernech" are written, the spelling is wrong. the second phrase without a preposition and it looks like these words of foreign origin in Czech were written by a person who did not know how to put them down, i.e. by a lower educated person, whereas the Gustav with the beautiful handwriting must have been a highly educated man.
Finally, Bohouš was a prisoner of war at various places or he lied in the Austrian military hospital in between: this could be caused by exchange and repatriation of war prisoners. And after the injured or the ill had recovered, they were sent again to the front.
This is my modest guess.
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Advertisement