|   All Languages   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|New Website|About|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

Slovak-English Translation Forum

This is the place to post your translation requests in English or Slovak and to help others with your skills and knowledge. Important: Always give the context of your enquiry!
Search | Guidelines | New Question
Term:
Gustav  
by renbyska (SK), 2017-04-14, 17:25  like dislike  Spam?  
To: „Mr. Bohumil Pleskač
K. u. K. Garnison Spital 9“ (= Imperial and Royal Garrison Hospital 9)
„II Barak“ (= Block or Building No 2 ) „4. Abt.“ (Abt. = Abteilung /in German/  = 4th ward /meaning a department within hospital)
„Cilli“ (= German name for Slovenian town Celje)
„****“ (I can´t make it out, though it looks like ´Styro***´something)
Date: „Siegersdorf 18/XI 16“ = November 18, 1916 (or at least I hope so)
Text:
„My dearest colleague!
With a cordial remembrance I´m sending you our personnel“
(I don´t know the context, maybe it´s better to say ´our troop´)
Now the sentence continues in original „zastoupený při expedici ***“– I´m not sure of the meaning of „zastoupený“ , of course, if I make it out right, it can mean either 1  „deputised“, „filled/ stood in“ „covered“ (by sb.) or 2 „blocked“, „barred“ (by sb.), so the phrase could be put as „deputised at the expedition ***“ or „blocked at the expedition ***“ (and I really can´t read the word ***)
„As far as my staying is concerned, there is nothing new and there is no end of the war in sight, it makes everybody sad the most. Otherwise I could feel happy.
With cordial regards and kisses
Gustav“
Sentence in the bottom left corner – illegible, if I still were able to make it out, I´ll fill it in later.
 « go back

back to top | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers