Report SpamUse this page to report the forum entry below as spam. The text of the entry will be hidden automatically as soon as three registered users reported it. In case an entry was marked as spam erroneously you can also vote against it, so the amount of spam votes needed is increased by one.
Is this an unwanted entry (spam)?
You have to be logged in as a registered user to be able to vote. This measure should avoid possible abuse of this function. Login | Sign Up
|End of the letters||#869823|
Thank you so much for all your work! It's really appreciated. I was able to finish all the remaining letters. I understand that:
1. Bohuš was repatriated from Serbia (somehow) in late 1915.
2. He went home and then was redeployed to the trenches between Austria and Italy.
3. He was wounded again in 1917, and spent some time in a hospital in Italy, and then was transferred to an Italian prison camp. The conditions in the Italian camp were much better than Serbia.
4. In 1918 he joined the newly formed Czechoslovak Legion Italska. There is a postcard from friends in Italy (in Italian). They call him Goffredo.
5. After the war he returned to the military base in Caslav/Kutna Hora, and finally completed military service in 1921. He got married and took over his parents' grocer's shop in Nova Ves. He opened a dance hall there. He joined a local Legion organisation in 1926.
And that was the end of the documents.
|back to top | home||© 2002 - 2021 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy|
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers