All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   PT   NL   HU   FI   LA   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   BS   |   SK   FR   HU   IS   NL   PL   ES   SQ   RU   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   PT   DA   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-slovenský slovník

Online Dictionary Slovak-English: Enter keyword here!
  ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Slowakisch
 System changes proposal »
« Translation help required for a police case    

Slovak-English Translation of
I love you Grandma

« go back | show/hide answers | follow discussion
Term:
I love you Grandma in Slovak  
by Picnuts, 2013-11-08, 07:11  like dislike  Spam?  70.73.172....
Hello, My Grandma recently passed away and my cousin and I would like to get tattoos to honour her. We would like the phrases "I love you Grandma" and "I love you more Grandma". I would like some confirmation on what we have translated so far.

Milujem ťa babka

Milujem ťa viac babka

Also the word babka, should it be a capital b or lower case? Also, because these are sentences, should we use the word "ja" in front? Ja milujem t'a babka and Ja milujem t'a viac babka?

If it helps, we were very close to our Grandma.

Thank you so much!

Juli
Answer:
I love you Grandma  #733600
by renbyska (SK), 2013-11-11, 18:41  like dislike  Spam?  
I hope it´s not too late. I´m a Slovak native speaker and I would like to make some slight corrections to your proposal.
First, "milujem ťa" in Slovak refers more to the relation of lovers. It´s better to say "ľúbim ťa" or "mám ťa rád" (if I´m a boy) / "mám ťa rada" (if I´m a girl).
Then forget any other amendments you mention below:
within the phrase - no capital letters;
"ja" at the beginning - should be omitted in the first sentence, on contrary in the second one it is required:
this is what is in Slovak grammar known as "hidden subject" and is common unless you want to put an emphasis on the clause subject which would cause the following meaning: Ja ťa ľúbim - I love you (not him / her) or Ľúbim ťa" - "Ja ťa ľúbim viac" (meaning viac ako on/ ona)
So, my proposals are as follows:

1/ Ľúbim ťa, babka.    
  Ja ťa ľúbim viac, babka.  
2/ Mám ťa rád, babka. (if I´m a boy)   Mám ťa rada, babka. (if I´m a girl)
  Ja ťa mám radšej, babka.

And don´t forget the commas, they are used when addressing somebody.

I hope I have been a little bit helpful.
Answer:
I love you Grandma  #733601
by renbyska (SK), Last modified: 2013-11-11, 18:44  like dislike  Spam?  

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2021 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Slovak-English online dictionary (Anglicko-slovenský slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Advertisement